Custom Search

Thursday 3 January 2008

Plateau - Enemy for Me ...

Huh!! Hmmppfff .... I have been in this state for almost 2 months .... Sob Sob Sob ...

For those that are trying to lose weight, take note of one of the losing weight stages - Plateau. This is a very annoying and frustrated moment. As we start to lose weight, we will go for less food, exercise more and a lots more. At first, indeed, we do lost weight but after a while, our body will hit a state call plateau.

Plateau means a state in which our body had get use to its normal exercise routine, eating habits, environments and etc etc ... During this stage, losing weight is hard, or maybe zero (like what I'm having now) !!!

So, what should we do if we realize that we are in plateau stage? Well, from the article that I read, this is what we shud do:

1. Change our eating habits.
Example instead of eat more in the afternoon, change it to eat more on breakfast. Instead of having the food that meet the total calories per day, maybe can eat less of the total calories today and more calories on the next day. This will let our body guess how shud 'it' digest. What metabolism rate should the body fix.

2. Change exercise.
Increase exercise will only gives your body the signal that "I'm tired, I can take it anymore!". What we can do is change a bit our exercise routine. Instead of aerobics, maybe we can switch to yoga, swimming and other exercise. Then, switch back again whenever we are comfortable.

3. Change environment.
This would means like, instead of sleep late, take a good sleep earlier or maybe hang out often with friends, family or maybe go for shopping. When our body works, we keep it guessing how much calories to use.

Kekekeke .. That's all from me.....Any comments are highly appreciated.. Whahaha ...

2 comments:

Abstract Thinker said...

Talk about losing weight-well I have been trying to do that for the past 6 years since I started working. Actually I was quite lean until I started working. I stopped eating home made food and secondly I stopped working out. Now fortunately I have not turned into a big fat elephant, however, I don't have a tight stomach anymore. Got lot of flab. Also since I spend about 16 hrs or so in office working from Mon to Sat I really end up just working sleeping eating and that's it. Any tips lady for me-I could kind of manage to squeeze 30 minutes for a work out though

Dav DiDi said...

Hi ..

Thanks for visiting my blog ...

Well, actually, I always read in articles about how to lost weight ...

Walking is a good exercise ... can reduce belly fat ...

Are you guy or gal ? When I first start to lose weight, I start with controlling my food. No oily food and more in breakfast, less for dinner. Increase fiber food and reduce curry, roti canai and some other oily food. More in seafood, less in chicken, pork, etc ..

I go for aerobics as one of my exercise and swimming too ...

Local Exposure!

Nuff