Custom Search

Monday 6 August 2007

Fruits of a Dragon ??

This is not a cactus. It's a tree of the fruits of dragon.
Hahaha .. No lah ... I took this photo from my house. The thing that is inside the plastic bags are dragon fruits. We call it local dragon fruits. The other day, I went to supermarket. They sell it for almost Rm10 per KG. I am so grateful that I have this FREE. At least I save some money in my diet program.

Hehehehe ...
However, I am a bit bored eating dragon fruits.. I wonder how does this fruits gets its name. Hehehe..

OK. I have done some research on dragon fruits and think of share it with all of you.

About the Fruits

This fruits are known to be able to reduce cholesterol, helps in digestive system and also prevent cancer. It also have a name as "health fruits".
Some more, this fruits have high nutritional such as vitamin C, calcium, potassium and fiber. In addition, it helps in digestion too...

The Plant

Another snap shot of the tree, with 3 fruits wrap in plastic bags...

The plant are 3 sided, resembling cactus, winged with a fragmented vinystem. The plants climbs up to anything that could support them. For those who wanted to plant them, this tree lives very well in soils with pH of 6.3 to 6.8 that full with organic.

No comments:

Local Exposure!

Nuff